Crazy Good Broccoli Salad

Serves 2-3

 3 cups broccoli florets * see note below
 10-12 seedless red grapes
 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
 1/4 red onion, diced
 1/2 cup fresh or canned pineapple, cut into small pieces
 2 slices bacon
 1/2 cup buttery almonds - recipe follows

Dressing
 4 oz. plain Greek yogurt
 1/2 T sugar
 1 T apple cider vinegar

Cook bacon until crispy. Drain and set aside to cool.

Combine the rest of ingredients in a salad bowl.

Mix dressing in a separate bowl.

Add salad dressing to salad and toss to coat ingredients well.
Bacon can be stirred in or used as a garnish.

Buttery Almonds
 2 cups sliced almonds {or pecan halves, walnuts}
 1 T real butter
 1 T olive oil
 1/4 cup brown sugar
 kosher salt to taste

Melt butter in olive oil in skillet over medium low heat. Add
nuts and brown sugar. Cook and stir until nuts begin to brown and
caramelize. Season with salt to taste. Watch carefully to avoid
burning nuts. Turn nuts out onto wax paper to set. Store cooled
nuts in a jar in the pantry.

Note -

Cut off most of the stem end and slice florets in 1/2 or 1/4s for
easier eating.

"If we could look into each other's hearts and understand the unique challenges
each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more
love, patience, tolerance, and care."

🙏 I appreciate your friendship/support at:

-Sugar 😘