You can bake the tofu and have it turn out pretty crispy.  You can marinate it
in a sauce, the tastier the better.  But first of all, you really need to drain
it.

The first thing you have to do is get the water off it.  Cut into even shaped
pieces.  You need paper towels under it and over it.  Press gently but firmly
down on it to get the water out.  This might need a thick layer of paper
towels.  I saw one recipe where they said to put it under a cutting board and
then carefully put weights on it to squeeze the water out. Don't wind up with
it breaking apart like what happens to me.

You can marinate it in oil, soy sauce, maybe honey or brown sugar, or maybe use
teriyaki sauce if you have it, but something sweet and sour is good.  Tofu does
not have much flavor, so the more you can give it the better.  Marinate it for
a while to soak in the flavors.

Put in a 400 degree oven.  I am not sure how long to bake it, maybe 20 minutes.
 You will need to take it out and turn it over and bake again.

Sorry, I can't get to my recipes.  But that is what I would do.  Then if you
don't like it, you can make your husband eat it all.

I am sorry I don't have a recipe.  I have some in my VarioUltra, but that
device has an extremely dead battery right now.
First, you have to get all the water out.  Put it on a bunch of paper towels.
Cover it with