They definitely can call you.?? I've had shoppers call me just before they check out to be sure the substitutions were acceptable.?? They also have to call to get directions because the apartment complex where I live has confusing addresses.?? So yes, they can definitely call you if you wish.?? Be aware that the area code used for the calls is not usually a local area code.?? I live in Southern Illinois and I've had area codes from Southern California, New York state and other places I can't think of. This is to preserve the privacy of the shopper, I think, but I'm not sure.?? Just to say that if you have a call blocker on your phone you could miss important texts and calls since they don't use local area codes for the calls.

Other services like Doordash do this, too.?? It was weird at first, but now I'm used to it.

Lisa