I have more trouble mixing the eggs in more shallow, wider containers, so I
either use a fork, or put a lid on the glass and shake it like crazy, and
get a little exercise in the process, or in the case of egg whites, use my
electric mixer to stiffen them for whatever recipe, and to whatever amount
called for.
I have seen two kinds of whisks, well 3, actually and don't know what is
what, or when to use which kind.
One resembles a bunch of bent sticks, with layers outside in a sort of
circle, and inside at certain points around the inside. I assume that is the
balloon whisk that you use sort of like a spoon to mix things in the
container.
The second kind is more like a spring, sort of like a slinky, which brings
back smiles, but the spring is graduated so as to be narrowest at the handle
end and widest at the tip. To use this you move it up and down sort of like
a plunger, and the spring compresses as you push down toward the bottom of
the container. I have no idea what this kind is called, but if using it with
eggs it needs to be soaked immediately in a glass of water to keep the egg
from sticking inside and making it difficult to clean.
The third is a plastic Tupperware sieve-like thing with holes in it that you
swirl around in a bowl to force the ingredients to mix up. It sounds strange
but works if you have the right container to use it in.

Pamela Fairchild
<pamelafairch...@comcast.net>