Hello Deborah, what do you mean by nuke together?  What temperature do you need to make it dissolve?  Do you do this in the microwave or a cooktop?

On 17/08/2020 18:27, Deborah Armstrong via Cookinginthedark wrote:
Here in California we have three digit temperatures and our house in the bay
area has no air conditioning because this heat is unusual. My hubby is slurping
up pitchers of this as fast as I can make it.

Here's how to make good lemonade with minimal fuss.

1 part sugar
1 part water
Nuke together to get it hot and stir to dissolve the sugar.
1 part lemon juice
4 parts water

Half fill pitcher with ice and pour in the lemon juice and water. Add the hot
sugar-water mixture and stir well.

So realize that this totals to five parts water and 1 part lemon juice. That
means six cups for an eight cup  pitcher or 3 cups for one that's smaller. For
the smaller pitcher, you'd measure with a half-cup. Remember the ice takes up
space in the pitcher as well.

I like to use brown sugar because of its taste but it does make the lemonade
look unsightly - like muddy water. So if serving guests, use white sugar!

I adapted this from a 1940's recipe that was for four gallons where you stirred
a huge pot of this on the stove and poured over ice like iced tea. Too darn hot
to stir up big pots of bubbling liquid! If you have a large family, this recipe
scales quite well.

--Debee

Regards,

Samuel Wilkins