Yummers! Sounds good! Could probably do drop biscuits, too, don't you think?

Karen

At 06:48 AM 9/1/2020, you wrote:
Baking Powder Biscuits

Plump, fluffy biscuits are great anytime. Enjoy them with butter and jam or
as part of a breakfast sandwich (see
Make-and-Take Bacon and Egg Sandwiches).

By The Canadian Living Test Kitchen

Source: Canadian Living Magazine: November 2007
I made this on Monday, January 5, 2015, with a beef stew made in the slow
cooker.
It was a great meal.

Portion size 12 biscuits
I got 15 biscuits.
Ingredients
4 cups (1 L) all-purpose flour
2 tbsp (30 mL) baking powder
3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
1 cup (250 mL) butter, cubed
2 cups (500 mL) milk

Preparation

In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Using pastry
blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until coarse crumbs.
I started out using 2 knives, but then, gave up on that, and used my fingers

instead.
Pour 1-3/4 cups (425
mL) of the milk over top, stirring with fork to form ragged dough.

Turn out onto lightly floured surface. With lightly floured hands, knead
gently until dough comes together. Pat or roll into 3/4-inch (2 cm)
thickness.
Using 3-1/4-inch (8.5 cm) floured cutter, cut out rounds. I don't have a
biscuit cutter, so I used a Tupperware bell tumbler. Place on ungreased
rimless baking sheet. Gather up scraps and repat dough; cut out more rounds,
pressing remaining scraps into final biscuit.
I used parchment paper to put the biscuits on to the cookie sheet.
Brush tops with remaining milk. I don't have a brush, so I just omitted that

quarter cup of milk.
Bake in centre of 375°F (190°C) oven for
about 30 minutes or until golden. I pulled them out about 6 minutes before
the specified time of 30 minutes. They were very good! We didn't even wait
for them to cool off. Had them with a nice hot bowl of stew.
Let cool on pan on racks. (Make-ahead:
Wrap
individually in plastic wrap and freeze in airtight container for up to 2
weeks; thaw and reheat in 350°F/180°C oven for 10 minutes.)