I've been thinking about this recipe for a few days so I made it tonight.
It's a bit rich so select side dishes accordingly.
First take an 8 oz. block of cream cheese out of the fridge and let it
soften at room temperature. Brown 2 pounds of ground beef, as lean as you're
comfortable with. Turn out into a sieve or colander and rinse to get rid of
extra fat. Return to the pan on the stove and mix in two envelopes of taco
seasoning (I use the Taco Bell stuff) and two cups of water. Simmer until
most of the water is absorbed/steamed off. Drop in the block of cream cheese
and fold the meat over it until the block is melted and mixed in. Turn out
the meat, seasoning, and cheese mixture into a mixing bowl or sealable
container big enough to also handle the pasta. Boil 6 cups of water and pour
in a bag or box of pasta shells. Reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes or to
your preferred level. Drain pasta shells and mix in the mixing bowl/storage
container until the meat and cheese mixture is blended through the pasta. 8
substantial servings.

Sent from my HAL 9000 in transit to Jupiter