From: Cookinginthedark <cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org> On Behalf Of
Marilyn Pennington via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Sunday, December 27, 2020 5:57 AM
To: 'Cooking in the Dark' <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Cc: m51penning...@gmail.com
Subject: [CnD] Easy Chicken and Dumplings, From Sugar

Easy Chicken and Dumplings, From Sugar

4 chicken breasts, skinned & boned

2 Tbsp. butter

2 (10 3/4 oz) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted

1 sm. onion, diced

2 (8-count) cans refrigerated biscuits

To make chicken: Place the chicken, butter, soup & onion in crock pot

& fill with water to cover. Cover & turn heat setting to high.

Cook for 5-6 hrs. or until chicken is cooked through and no longer

pink inside. To make dumplings: Approx 30 min. before servings, tear

biscuit dough into pieces (or cut each biscuit into fourths) & drop

in soup mixture in crock pot. The biscuits will turn into your

dumplings. Test readiness of dumplings by cutting a piece in half; if

it's center is dry & not doughy the dumplings are ready to eat. Be

sure to put the cover back on the crockpot after you have dropped the

pieces of biscuits into the soup mixture to cook.  Enjoy.