Hi Andreas:

try

fink reinstall  gtkglext1   gtkglext1-shlib

and if you have $LD_LIBRARY_PATH and/or $DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH set to anything, UNSET them (sorry, Paul).

Bill

On Jul 18, 2008, at 9:06 AM, Andreas Förster wrote:

Update on Bill Scott's email from yesterday.

On my system, 224 packages were marked for update or install (as dependencies). With some tweaking, I got 170 or so to compile, but 55 remained refractory because of circular dependencies.

I'm happy to report that these issues have mysteriously disappeared overnight. Only coot and coot-shlibs fail to install with errors reproduced below.

Andreas

Bill, even after rerunning fink selfupdate and fink update-all, fink doesn't find GtkGLExt version 1.0.0. Complete error:

checking for GtkGLExt - version >= 1.0.0... no
*** Could not run GtkGLExt test program, checking why...
*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
*** that the run-time linker is not finding GtkGLExt or finding the wrong *** version of GtkGLExt. If it is not finding GtkGLExt, you'll need to set your *** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point *** to the installed location Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if that
*** is required on your system
***
*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it, although *** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH
### execution of /var/tmp/tmp.2.ZJshe5 failed, exit code 1
Failed: phase compiling: coot-0.5-pre-1-1223-1 failed

(dyn1216-120) ~: fink list GtkGLExt
Information about 6991 packages read in 1 seconds.
i   gtkglext1          1.0.6-1007    OpenGL Extension to GTK
i   gtkglext1-shlibs   1.0.6-1007    OpenGL Extension to GTK
    gtkglextmm         1.2.0-1003    C++ wrapper for GtkGLExt
    gtkglextmm-shlibs  1.2.0-1003    C++ wrapper for GtkGLExt

William Scott wrote:
Hi folks:
If you use fink to install coot on Mac OS X, you will find a lot of stuff needs to be updated. This is because fink has done a large- scale update based on the new gnome/gtk+2 pango/cairo libraries, so don't be alarmed if you are asked to update 100s of packages simultaneously. To ease the burden, I am putting precompiled versions of everything on our servers for 10.4/10.5 ppc/intel and 10.5 intel. The intel ones are available now and the ppc one should be ready in the next few hours.
cf  http://tinyurl.com/fink-precompiled
for more info. on how to do this.
Bill
PS:  On one machine, I was forced to issue
fink rebuild pango1-xft2-shlibs; fink reinstall pango1-xft2-shlibs pango1-xft2 fink rebuild pango1-xft2-ft219 ; fink reinstall pango1-xft2-ft219 pango1-xft2-ft219-shlibs pango1-xft2-ft219-dev
to correct a conflict.