Sang wrote:
I am running Coot 0.5.0-1 on Mac OS X 10.4.11 (Dual 2.7 GHz Power PC G5, 2
GB DDR SDRAM), which was installed with fink. ccp4 is 6.0.2-7, again
installed with fink.

when I want to get monomer, it freezes quite long time (more than 5 min) to
write cif file using refmac. the monomer I tried was DMS, and PO4, which
shouldn't be difficult.

No, a few seconds.

it was a lot quicker when I used Coot 0.3(less than a
blink by then).
anything I did wrong? or something else?
Thanks for the help.

I can't think of why it should be slower for you - my thinking is that there may be some sort of refmac issue.

What happens (when are the delays) when you do

(get-monomer "EDO")

in the scheme scripting window?