Hi Ben,

Ben Eisenbraun wrote:

I seem to be running into the same problem reported by other people with
Coot showing a blank clashes window.

I'm using the official Coot 0.5.2 python-gtk2 binary on Fedora 10 with
probe 2.12 and reduce 3.13.  Probe/reduce seem to run correctly; I get a
coot-molprobity output directory with files and their exit status is 0, but
the dots are never drawn and the Molprobity Probe Clash Gaps window is
blank with just a single OK button.

I am using 2.12.071128 and that works fine on my Ubuntu machine.

On my FC4 machine that causes an immediate crash. However, 2.12.070727 doesn't crash but behaves in the same manner as you describe.

look at probe-dots.out.  If you have (something like)
:1->1:wc:A   6 VAL HG13 :A  92 ILE  HA  :
that fails.

If you have
:1->1:wc: A   6 VAL HG13 : A  92 ILE  HA  :
that works.

Or so I think. If that is not the issue, then I don't know what it is. (The format change is to support hybrid_36 pdb files).

An email in a similar thread from Bernhard Lohkamp on 11/18 suggested that if the window was blank, the version of probe was too old, but I don't see
a more recent version.

We encouraged them to make a new version for Windows. It would be nice if I could have a version that worked on FC4 too.

Any clues on what I'm doing wrong would be much appreciated.

HTH?

See you soon,