> > schemic:
> > (set-default-temperature-factor-for-new-atoms 37)
> >
> > http://www.ysbl.york.ac.uk/~emsley/coot/doc/doxygen/html/c-
> interface_8h.html#a436>
> >
> > (let me know if it doesn't work either of course).
>
> It does appear that this approach doesn't work (at least for adding
> terminal residues using 0.5.2).

AFAIR set_default_temperature_factor_for_new_atoms(b_factor) doesnt do
anything in most cases as the 'new' B-factor is hard coded somewhere
else (I meant to fix this...). However I have introduced a 'new'
function which will force all B-factors of moved atoms to be whatever
you set with set_default_temperature_factor_for_new_atoms(b_factor):

pythonic:
set_reset_b_factor_moved_atoms(state)

schemic:
(set-reset-b-factor-moved-atoms state)

where state is 1 to reset the B-factors and 0 to not do a reset. This
does the trick incl. add term. residue.

Dr. Bernhard Lohkamp
Assistant Professor
Div. Molecular Structural Biology
Dept. of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics (MBB)
Karolinska Institutet
S-17177 Stockholm
Sweden

phone: (+46) 08-52487673