Thanks a lot, Bill.

This xwit looks promising, I will explore it.
I keep procrastinating my immersion in zsh... Ars magna, vita brevis!

Miguel

Le 5 mars 09 à 18:19, William G. Scott a écrit :

Yo Miguel:

I wrote a little helper zsh function/shell script called xtwit.

http://zsh-templates-osx.googlecode.com/svn-history/r53/trunk/Library/init/zsh/local-functions/darwin/xtwit

It wraps the command xwit (available via fink, for example) and gives you a gui that allows you to select a window to pop to the foreground:

believed to be clean.

<Picture 1.png>

My guess is xwit itself could be tailored to do exactly as you want, and called from a python or scheme script.

eg:

xwit version 3.4

usage: xwit -display <display> -sync
       -pop -iconify -unmap
       -resize w h -rows r -columns c -[r]move x y
       -[r]warp x y -colormap <colormapid> -[no]save
       -name <name> -iconname <name>
       -bitmap <file> -mask <file> -[r]iconmove x y
       -[no]backingstore -[no]saveunder
       -[no]keyrepeat keycode ... keycode - keycode
       -id <windowid> -root -current -select
       -names <initialsubstrings>... [must be last]

HTH,

Bill