Dirk Kostrewa wrote:

Thanks, would like to try it. But how do call it? I've saved the code as "test.scm" and opened it with Calculate -> Run Script -> test.scm, but nothing happens?

Yes, you can do that, or:
$ coot --script test.scm

Annotation menu items should have added themselves to the Extension menu.

Ahh! This does exactly, what I wanted!

Good stuff.

So, could you please add this extension to the next version of Coot?

Yes, OK.  I will put it in a submenu.

Meanwhile, where can I put this little script such that it is automatically loaded upon starting coot?

There are several ways

1) Add the text to your ~/.coot file

2) Put the file in your ~/.coot-preferences directory (make sure it has .scm extension)

3) If you want to share it with others (typically) put that file in a directory pointed to by the COOT_SCHEME_EXTRAS_DIR environment variable

Regards,