Antony Oliver wrote:
Paul Emsley wrote:
Dear Oliver,

Antony Oliver wrote:
Dear Paul + friends,

Would it be possible to place in the (top right?) corner of the main screen (or elsewhere) an indicator telling the user what type of restraints are currently being used for real- space refinement/fitting? I frequently forget that I have put alpha helix restraints on when building, and wonder why my amino acids are drifting so dramatically out of my electron density!
We were talking about this problem just recently (at the CCP4 dev meeting, I think). Yes an iconic indicator would be nice. What would be more clever, we think (or at least I think we think) is for Coot to realise that helical (or strand) restraints are active and examine the "helicalness" ("strandiness") of the fragment that you are trying to refine - and if it passes a threshold of sufficient difference from ideality then you get a warning - something along the lines of an "Are you sure?" dialog.

Great- although I have to say "Are you sure?" dialogs are an evil that should be avoided - they drive me mad! (the Undo is sufficient!)

OK, better would be "Use Helical Restrains when refining this?"  Yes No.