On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Jason Greenwald <
jason.greenw...@phys.chem.ethz.ch> wrote:

> In the meantime I am using the COOT.app package from the CCP4 download
> site, so if anyone knows how to save more than one session using this
> installation, I would be happy to hear it.

I couldn't find this package anywhere on the CCP4 site, so perhaps they've
removed it.  However, I assume that it works like any other Mac app, i.e.
the actual executable is embedded somewhere in the bundle, usually in a
standard place.  If you're opening the program in the Finder, it will always
start in your home directory.  However, you can still launch the program on
the command line in any directory you choose, by calling the executable
itself.  For instance, in
MacPyMOL, /Applications/MacPyMOL.app/Contents/MacOS/MacPyMOL is the real
command, and I have

alias pymol='/Applications/MacPyMOL.app/Contents/MacOS/MacPyMOL'

in my .profile.