Hi Paul,
If I use a *map_coeffs.mtz file from the phenix.refine, how can I turn off the negative density?

Maia

Paul Emsley wrote:
chern wrote:
Hi all,
Is it possible to separately adjust the levels of positive and negative electron density?

No (and yes).

When I try to build a fragment with a poor density I want to decrease the level of positive density from 3 sigma to 2 or even 1 sigma to see more positive density, but then the whole map becomes red with negative density.

That is supposed to indicate something to you.

Can I shut off the negative density at all, leaving only the positive density in the PHFOFCWT maps?

Yes - sort of. When you read in the mtz file, uncheck the "is difference map?" check box, then you will not get a negative level. You will have to colour the new map "by hand" though.

( I would like also to color them separately). It is possible to do so in xtalview.

As above - if you want scroll negative levels then you will need to do something like:

(set-stop-scroll-diff-map-level -5)