Paul Emsley wrote:
Bernhard Lohkamp wrote:
Is it possible to tell coot to use a proxy server?
No.
Well, yes, strictly, but it won't listen. Ask again in a few days though.
No.
Well, yes if you have a build with python enabled. The python functions will pick up the http_proxy properly.
In your case use:

 whats_new_dialog()

in the python scripting window (Calculate->Scripting->Python)

OK, so if we are in the process of amending our responses, I'll have a go too :)

As of revision coot-0.6.1-pre-1 rev 2563, Coot News should work via proxies for all Coots.

Paul.

Thanks Paul. I tried rev 2563 out of curiosity and it worked. News and PDB download are working. But getting pdb and maps from EDS is crashing coot (segmentation fault).
Arnaud