I have a linux workstation with a nvidia quadro graphics card and matching emitter/lcd glasses setup from realD. It is very hard to find CRTs that are able to support the high refresh rates needed for headache free 3D viewing. The old SGI one I have is terrible, as it flickers bad in 3d mode.

My question is can i use one of these new 120hz LCD monitors with the above setup for coot. Basically just switch out the crt for the LCD. Has anyone tried this?

I am aware that these monitors with a non-quadro nvidia card plus the nvidia emitter/glasses setup will not work with coot. But i think the reason is that the drivers for these non-quadro cards do not support true quad buffered stereo.

Michael J Miley, PhD
Research Assistant Professor
Director, Biomolecular X-Ray Crystallography Facility
Dept of Pharmacology, CB# 7365
Medical School Building B, Room 124
mjmi...@email.unc.edu
Office: 919-843-7174