On Thu, 2009-12-17 at 13:51 -0800, kai...@caltech.edu wrote:
> On this note,
>   I recently bought a viewsonic 120hz LCD (VX2265wm)  in the naïve believe it
> should work as it has the right refresh rate. I tried to run it with the
> normal setup, quadro with emitter via DIN, nuVision glasses, Linux. Here's
> the problem: I have stereo in the top and the bottom but not in the middle of
> the screen. The image is stable (no flickering or moving of the part that
> shows stereo). It seems that I got the right refresh rate (any way to check
> that?), but I don't understand at all what's going on.
>   Any clues?
>
> Jens

That monitor appears on the supported displays list:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_Requirements.html

So the problem could be one (or more) of two things:

1) The glasses may be incompatible. You could try it out with the nVidia
glasses.

2) The Linux driver may not be working properly yet.

BTW, I see that some 1920x1080 monitors are listed on the above page,
and should be available in January or so.

You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people
thinking that you're a fool. - Wonko the Sane
                               David J. Schuller
                               modern man in a post-modern world
                               MacCHESS, Cornell University
                               schul...@cornell.edu