The latest Coot appears to fail (I have revision 2641 I built yesterday)
on Karmic) to get the models/maps from EDS server.  The appropriate
files in the coot-download folder contain errors like these:

The requested URL /eds/sfd/1ulr/pdb1ulr.ent was not found on this
server.

What I noticed is that the "coordinate" link at EDS website looks like
this:

http://eds.bmc.uu.se/eds/dfs/ul/1ulr/pdb1ulr.ent

I don't know if something changed at Uppsala, but wget fails to
retrieve, for instance, the example listed in scheme/get-ebi.scm

http://eds.bmc.uu.se/eds/sfd/1cbs/pdb1cbs.ent

I took liberty to learn a little scheme and edited couple of lines in
the file and it seems to work now.  I attach the patch-file (to apply
it, do "patch get-ebi.scm get_ebi_scm.patch").  I don't know if the
changes at EDS are temporary.   Certainly, use at your own risk.

Cheers,

Ed.

--
Coot est verendus