Hi,

I've just downloaded and installed the latest Mac OS X of Coot (0.6.0) from the CCP4 website (the 10.4+ universal dmg installer). This doesn't start up in the same way as the old version of coot I had (0.5.2 - from Bill Scott's website) - it gets to:

PDB file /Applications/coot.app/Contents/MacOS/../coot/share/coot/ standard-residues.pdb has been read.
Spacegroup: P 1
Cell: 40.631 109.18 93.243 90 90 90
initalize graphics molecules...done.

and then the graphics window opens. There are no further messages like "Loading scheme files from /usr/local/xtal/coot/share/coot/ scheme" etc

This version won't execute any scripts - Calculate -> Scripting -> Scheme does nothing and it ignores my .coot file. Also when I quit I no longer get the:

"Some deprecated features have been used.  Set the environment
variable GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED to "detailed" and rerun the
program to get more information.  Set it to "no" to suppress
this message."

I guess this means something to do with the scheme scripting isn't getting properly defined in the coot script but I can't work out what from comparisons of the old and new coots.

Any ideas/suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

Huw
--