Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before - does anyone know if it is possible (and if so, how) to get an SGI dial box to work with Coot 0.6?

Cheers,
Oliver Clarke

On 10/01/2010, at 11:01 AM, COOT automatic digest system wrote:

From: COOT automatic digest system <lists...@jiscmail.ac.uk>
Date: 10 January 2010 11:01:12 AM
To: COOT@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: COOT Digest - 8 Jan 2010 to 9 Jan 2010 (#2010-6)

There is 1 message totalling 62 lines in this issue.

Topics of the day:

 1. OS X /fink coot update problems

From: "William G. Scott" <wgsc...@chemistry.ucsc.edu>
Date: 10 January 2010 7:11:02 AM
Subject: OS X /fink coot update problems

Yo:

Several people wrote to me in the last couple of days about different problems with respect to the latest coot update in fink. This all happened at the beginning of term so I haven't really had enough time to deal with this systematically.

Briefly, I put coot 0.6 is in the stable and unstable branch of fink sometime around the Unorthodox Holiday. Subsequently I updated two dependency packages in the unstable branch of fink: guile18-gtk and clipper, and then updated to one of the 0.6.1 pre-releases in unstable (revision-2678). I don't want to touch what is in "stable" until I know it is in fact "stable." Any or all of these could have created problems (although I tested these on a variety of machines and didn't notice anything).

If you run the command

% fink list -i coot clipper guile18-gtk

you should see something like this:

Information about 8154 packages read in 1 seconds.
i clipper-shlibs 1:2.1-14 Object-oriented crystallographic libraries i coot 0.6.1-pre-1-1 Crystallographic molecular graphics i coot-shlibs 0.6.1-pre-1-1 Crystallographic molecular graphics i guile18-gtk 2.1-2 Glue code to link gtk to guile i guile18-gtk-shlibs 2.1-2 Glue code to link gtk to guile

If you have earlier versions, please update.

I also recommend

(a) having the most recent version of Xcode (the apple compilers, etc) compatible with your OS (b) Apple's official X11 distribution if you are on 10.6 or plan to update to 10.6. (c) if you have a 64-bit capable machine, use the 64-bit fink, ccp4, etc. as this is the future

If I haven't gotten back to you, email me again please, and include every relevant detail (version of OS X, fink version, Xcode version, X11 version, output of above command, etc.) and I will do my best to try to deduce what might be problematic. Meanwhile, please accept my apologies.

Bill

The information in this email is confidential and intended solely for the
addressee.
You must not disclose, forward, print or use it without the permission of the
sender.