Hi Paul,
I can not move an atom or a group of atoms in the ligand (rotate/translate zone). The ctrl-click does not work (never works for me on several computers including Mac, PC etc). To move an atom or several specific atoms should not be so difficult. It looks like coot choses how many atoms to move in the chain. For a ligand, it moves the whole thing, but not its part.

General torsion sometimes is ok, but with some ligands (or some bonds?) the whole ligand rotates around one bond (I want only part of the ligand to rotate around this bond).

What is the problem with this? I like the way torsion works in xfit. Just click on *_2 _*atoms of a bond and the whole part of the molecule (next to the second click) rotates around this bond.

I use coot 0.6, revision 2540 with ubuntu.

Maia