No, that's not the problem. Coot maps are infinite, so it doesn't matter how big you make them.

The problem here is that you've made a P21 map whose grid sampling isn't even numbers, and thus the grid sampling is inconsistent with the symmetry operators. How did you make your map?

(If at all possible, it is safer to read in reflection data than a map, but that is not always possible).

Kevin

Francis E Reyes wrote:
I'm guessing I'm not calculating my map big enough because when I translate
around my current map I get a crash.

Failure to find grid coordinate uvw = ( -14,  34,  21)
Xmap: Internal map ASU error - P 2ac 2ab Nuvw = (  68,  69,  75)
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'clipper::Message_fatal'
/sw/bin/coot: line 5: 14085 Abort trap              /sw64/bin/coot-real "$@"

Can we have an error message pop  up in the console but not have a crash?
Unless this has been changed in the most current version. The one I'm running
is Coot 0.6-pre-1 revision 2396.

Thanks

Francis Reyes M.Sc.
215 UCB
University of Colorado at Boulder

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 67BA8D5D

8AE2 F2F4 90F7 9640 28BC  686F 78FD 6669 67BA 8D5D