Hi Ian,

> I am trying to run wincoot on a Windows7 (64bit) machine . Coot installs
> and starts up fine, with all the tool bars just fine, but the display
> will not show anything ( keeps the desktop image in the coot window as i
> try and move it around). I have set all the desktop and graphics
> settings as suggested in the FAQ (using windows classic etc). Has anyone
> else been able to solve a similar problem?

Are you running Coot in Full Screen mode? And more importantly do you
have an 'auto-hide' Windows taskbar. The latter supposedly causes this
problem. So please try to disable the autohide Taskbar.

http://www.ysbl.york.ac.uk/~lohkamp/coot/wincoot-faq.html#mozTocId514994

Hope this helps,

Dr. Bernhard Lohkamp
Assistant Professor
Div. Molecular Structural Biology
Dept. of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics (MBB)
Karolinska Institutet
S-17177 Stockholm
Sweden

phone: (+46) 08-52487651