I installed coot and ccp4 a couple of weeks ago. I was going through some of
the features this morning, including using refmac. They were running fine but
very slowly so I restarted my computer, however now when I try to use refmac or
insert a monomer, it comes up with an error message saying "The application
failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)".
This is usually in reference to libcheck.exe or refmac5.exe.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, restarting my computer. I installed old
versions to no avail. I ran a virus checker on over lunch and it found nothing.
I don't really know what else to try.

Any suggestions?