Good morning Ben, good to hear from you again :)

> The SSL/crypto bits are needed for curl to be able to download from https
> sites.  I'm pretty sure Coot uses libcurl for any http downloads it does.
You've seen a lot more distros than I have, is curl a standard binary these
days? (it certainly is for OS X) wget?  Couldn't Coot just use the binary that
came with the operating system?

Unless of course libcurl required for cross-compatibility for windows users?
(Sigh) :)

> libldap is probably just a dependency of whatever system library is getting
> pulled in to do account information lookups, i.e. libnss and the like.

A molecular graphics program needs my account information? Scary.

> (Good morning Francis, welcome to Coot!)

Been an avid Coot user for many years now, Thanks Coot dev team (Paul
specifically, but I didn't want to exclude others). !

Francis E. Reyes M.Sc.
215 UCB
University of Colorado at Boulder

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 67BA8D5D

8AE2 F2F4 90F7 9640 28BC  686F 78FD 6669 67BA 8D5D