On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 14:12:37 -0400
David Schuller <dj...@cornell.edu> wrote:

> A friend updated software on his Fedora 14 workstation within the
> last couple days, and now Coot and pyMol both fail to work. Coot
> complains that it can find neither the double-buffered visual nor a
> single-buffered visual. Has anyone else encountered this (yet)? Which
> packages are the most likely suspects?

I'm using both on fedora 15 without problems.  Your error message
suggests an issue with opengl - are the appropriate drivers/modules
available?  "glxinfo | grep render" should say something like:

direct rendering: Yes
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce GTS 450/PCI/SSE2

Regards,
Tim

        Tim Fenn
        f...@stanford.edu