Le 15/02/12 11:36, Tim Gruene a écrit :
> Hello Lisa,
>
> which version of coot do you use? Maybe it is outdated and that function
> not yet properly implemented. I can confirm Bill's comment, and we work
> with coot 0.6.2.
>
> Cheers,
> Tim
>
> On 02/15/2012 09:01 AM, LISA wrote:
>> Hi all,
>
>> I am refining a structue  of protein-DNA complex with coot. I add DNA by
>> "adding ideal DNA/RNA" in the other model. But I cannot edit chi angle of
>> these nucletide, neither the mutate.  When I press the mutate  and my DNA,
>> coot give amino acid not nucletide. Why?
>
>> Thanks
>
>> Lisa

Sorry for cross-posting, I thought some people might be interested and
only in the coot list.

Just to make clear my previous message: we have had exactly the same
problem than Lisa reports using the latest version (0.7-pre-3971)
available from Bill's repository of standalone Coot for Mac OSX 10.6. By
default, this version uses Coot libraries (/Library/Coot/...) I managed
to make it behave (in terms of DNA-related work) by forcing it to use
CCP4 6.2.0 libraries and then adding

(set-convert-to-v2-atom-names 0)

to my ~/.coot file.

--
Miguel

Architecture et Fonction des Macromolécules Biologiques (UMR7257)
CNRS, Aix-Marseille Université
Case 932, 163 Avenue de Luminy, 13288 Marseille cedex 9, France
Tel: +33(0) 491 82 55 93
Fax: +33(0) 491 26 67 20
mailto:miguel.ortiz-lombar...@afmb.univ-mrs.fr
http://www.afmb.univ-mrs.fr/Miguel-Ortiz-Lombardia