On 7 Mar 2012, at 13:58, Bernhard Lohkamp wrote:

> dots takes 5 arguments now. It used to be 4. The documentation is not updated
> as yet (since this is in pre-release). So you need another text/string type
> of argument to name you dot object:
>
> int dots(int imol,
>         const char *atom_selection_str,
>         const char *dots_object_name,
>         float dot_density, float sphere_size_scale);

Is it too late to change dots back to taking four arguments, and add a
named-dots that takes five?  I appreciate that being able to name your dots
objects is very useful, but changing the number of arguments in a function
that's used in Global Phasing's fairly widely-deployed scripts is distinctly
annoying; the scripts have stopped working well for our customers, and I'll
have to do something quite kludgy to ensure that a future version will work
with both old and new coots.

Tom