On 06/02/13 01:11, Ethan Merritt wrote:
Since the pdbe has apparently changed its URL, breaking the download
capability in the version of coot I've been running, I decided to try
to build a current copy from source.

I downloaded the autobuild.sh script,
customized AUTOBUILD_BUILD and AUTOBUILD_INSTALLED,
stuck a #!/bin/bash at the top, and ran
./autobuild.sh python

It downloaded and built lots of support libraries but not,
unfortunately, coot itself.
The last thing output by the script was

Connecting to www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
(www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk)|131.111.85.100|:80... connected.
Length: 16160810 (15M) [application/x-tar]
Server file no newer than local file
“/home/local/coot/autobuild/sources/coot-0.7.1-pre-revision-4552.tar.gz” -- not
retrieving.

I can't find any error messages
or log files.  All I know is that the autobuild process seems to have
stopped at that point and not built an executable.

Is there some follow-on command I need to run?
Do I need to manually ./configure and make in a subdirectory?

        Ethan

This doesn't answer your question, and I presume that you are not using Extensions -> PDBe -> Get from PDBe... (I doubt that will work without a hacked clipper) but I'd query from a working OCA server, so add this to your ~/.coot (or elsewhere).

(define oca-server "http://bip.weizmann.ac.il";)

I'll make this change in the sources - or maybe use the "approved" URL for PDBe pdb files (not sure which yet).