I am attempting to use coot0.7 installed using the yum archive on Fedora 18 and
a computer with intel HD graphics 4000 driver.  When coot starts initially, the
rotation and translation is nearly at the speed that I am used to with Fedora
16 install.  If I do not translate, the rotation speed remains good.  If I do
translate, the rotation speed drops off by about 50 %.  At drops off more after
each translation and eventually is so slow that it is unusable.  I do not think
that it is a graphics issue as pymol does not have any speed problems even with
surfaces exhibited.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I am doing wrong
in the coot install?  Thank you very much for any help you can give me.

Paul