Is there some non-convoluted way to force Watson-Crick hydrogen bonds
during real space refinement?  And a related question - is there some
way to define secondary structure (helices/sheets) for the whole
molecule (maybe based on header) and then enforce it?

One way I see right now is to supply LINK records (which I assume coot
will honor but I may be wrong) for every hydrogen bond that defines
secondary structure.  It would also probably require adjusting parameter
files to provide distance restraints?  That would take some scripting,
which is no big deal.  But I don't want to invent something that coot
may already have a tool for.

This stuff may be useful at low resolution, which is pretty much what
one generally gets with protein-DNA complexes.

Cheers,

Ed.

--
Coot verendus est