Hi,

I am bit stumped on how to get probe or reduce to work with coot under Linux. I
followed the instructions and defined the path to reduce/probe in various
startup and system files in which I could find a reference to probe/reduce:
  * ~/.coot.py
  * coot.py (path defined by COOT_PYTHON_EXTRAS_DIR)
 * coot /share/coot/python/coot_load_modules.py

In all cases the 'Validate -> Probe Clashes' menu item stays grayed out. I
referenced both locally installed versions of probe/reduce as well as the ones
distributed with Phenix to no avail.

>From the scripting console "print probe_command" gives the correct path to the
>executables, indicating that the program at least picked up the correct
>settings. The function "probe_available_p()" returns 1 for what it's worth.

I am trying to get this to work under coot 0.7.2 and coot 0.8pre 4941

Any pointers on how to resolve this would be appreciated

Cheers,

        Carsten