For map sharpening in general, that's correct.

If coot is doing something different (aka sharpness with reference to a model), then Paul's description would be authoritative :) .

Pete

George Devaniranjan wrote:
Hi Pete,

Thank you for your reply-
Just to clarify what you wrote, you mean there is no direct relationship
between the B factors I see in a PDB column and the sliding change I make
it the map (MTZ) file I generated for the said PDB' Structure Factors ( I
downloaded and created a MTZ from)?