Hello all,

When I updated (via Bill Scott’s stand-alone packages for OS X 10.9) to r5167
(same is true for r5166), python scripting stopped working, giving a message
saying that it couldn’t find a coot.py file and that python scripting was hence
unavailable, followed by errors on all of the python scripts I load at startup
(all of which worked with r5131, the previous version I had loaded). I created
a coot.py file but still got the same error. Thoughts? For now I am reverting
to r5131.  A partial sample of the errors occurring at Coot startup is appended
below.

Also, this seems to be a Mac-specific error - I just upgraded to r5166 on my
Ubuntu machine and that is working fine.

Many thanks,
Oliver.

(use-graphics-interface-state)
DEBUG:: stating pydirectory /Library/Coot/share/coot/python
WARNING:: No coot.py file found! Python scripting unavailable.
INFO:: loading preferences file /Users/olibclarke/.coot-preferences/coot.py
Running python script /Users/olibclarke/.coot-preferences/coot.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
 File "/Users/olibclarke/.coot-preferences/coot.py", line 6, in <module>
   set_symmetry_colour(255,35,0)
NameError: name 'set_symmetry_colour' is not defined
INFO:: loading preferences file
/Users/olibclarke/.coot-preferences/coot_preferences.py
Running python script /Users/olibclarke/.coot-preferences/coot_preferences.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
 File "/Users/olibclarke/.coot-preferences/coot_preferences.py", line 6, in
<module>
   set_file_chooser_selector (1)
NameError: name 'set_file_chooser_selector' is not defined
INFO:: loading preferences file
/Users/olibclarke/.coot-preferences/coot_toolbuttons.py
Running python script /Users/olibclarke/.coot-preferences/coot_toolbuttons.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
 File "/Users/olibclarke/.coot-preferences/coot_toolbuttons.py", line 3, in
<module>
   coot_toolbar_button("Ligand Builder", "start_ligand_builder_gui()",
icon_name="go-to-ligand.svg", tooltip="Ligand Builder")
NameError: name 'coot_toolbar_button' is not defined
INFO:: loading preferences file
/Users/olibclarke/.coot-preferences/user_define_restraints.py
Running python script
/Users/olibclarke/.coot-preferences/user_define_restraints.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
 File "/Users/olibclarke/.coot-preferences/user_define_restraints.py", line
410, in <module>
   if (have_coot_python):
NameError: name 'have_coot_python' is not defined
(filter-fileselection-filenames-state)
(get-active-map-drag-flag)
(use-graphics-interface-state)
load "filter.scm"
load "matrices.scm"
load "coot-utils.scm"
load "redefine-functions.scm"
load "json-reader.scm"
load "coot-gui.scm"
Coot Scheme Scripting GUI code found and loaded.
load "coot-lsq.scm"
load "shelx.scm"
load "get-ebi.scm"
load "local-code.scm"
load "hello.scm"
Good morning Oliver Clarke. Welcome to Coot 0.8-pre (revision 5166)  [with
guile 1.8.8 embedded] [with python 2.7.8 embedded].
(set-display-intro-string "Good morning Oliver. Welcome to Coot")
load "mutate.scm"
load "refmac.scm"
load "brute-lsqman.scm"
load "libcheck.scm"
load "gap.scm"
load "fitting.scm"
load "raster3d.scm"
load "povray.scm"
load "remote-control.scm"
load "generic-objects.scm"
load "fascinating-things.scm"
load "ncs.scm"
load "parse-pisa-xml.scm"
load "cns2coot.scm"
load "clear-backup.scm"
load "tips.scm"
load "prodrg-import.scm"
load "jligand.scm"
load "americanisms.scm"
load "group-settings.scm"
(set-display-lists-for-maps 0)
load "tips-gui.scm"
load "check-for-updates.scm"
load "jligand-gui.scm"
load "get-recent-pdbe.scm"
load "extensions.scm"
error (not syntax error)
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'coot_has_pygtk' is not defined
error (not syntax error)
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'coot_has_pygtk' is not defined
error (not syntax error)
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'coot_has_pygtk' is not defined
error (not syntax error)
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'coot_has_pygtk' is not defined
error (not syntax error)
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'coot_has_pygtk' is not defined
load "shelx-extensions.scm"
INFO:: loading preferences file
/Users/olibclarke/.coot-preferences/coot-preferences.scm
(set-filter-fileselection-filenames 0)
(unset-sticky-sort-by-date)
(set-colour-map-rotation-on-read-pdb 21.00)
(set-colour-map-rotation-on-read-pdb-c-only-flag 1)
(set-density-size 20.00)
(set-swap-difference-map-colours 0)
(set-colour-map-rotation-for-map  0.00)
(set-active-map-drag-flag 0)