There was an issue with the python distributed with WinCoot. Please see:

http://www.ysbl.york.ac.uk/~lohkamp/coot/wincoot-faq.html#mozTocId910462

There is a new installer available which has the fix include.

Hope this resolves your issue.

Bernhard

On 11/03/2015 21:49, Joel Tyndall wrote:
Hi,

I am running a windows 7 system and when I try and launch coot from
phenix, Coot launches but no model or map (or phenix links in coot) can
be seen. I read that this is because the Coot version is lacking python.

As this is a windows install, how do I identify if the .exe has python
for windows?

When I launch it without Phenix I also see the error could not import
coot.py

Other than that Coot works well

_________________________________

Joel Tyndall, PhD

Associate Professor in Medicinal Chemistry
National School of Pharmacy
University of Otago
PO Box 56 Dunedin 9054
New Zealand

Skype: jtyndall

Ph: +64 3 479 7293

Dr. Bernhard Lohkamp
Associate Professor/Docent
Div. Molecular Structural Biology
Dept. of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics (MBB)
Karolinska Institutet
S-17177 Stockholm
Sweden

phone: (+46) 08-52487651