On 26/09/2018 03:59, Yangqi Gu wrote:

I am just beginning to learn Coot and model building. I have a very basic
question to ask. I used Phenix to convert my EM map into mtz file using
map_to_structure command, with h_min=3.4 A. And I tried to examine it in Coot.
However, no matter what I did, I could not see the density of the mtz file. ( I
tried zoom-in and zoom-out, change the map radius). I also tried to open the
original mrc file, I was able to see my density. I am just wondering what I
could do to visualize my map?

It is not clear to me what is going wrong. I don't know about map_to_structure and what it produces - if it works like refmac does, it should produce an almost exact replica of the input map, so it is strange that if you can see the map that you can't see the map from the structure factors. Check the map histograms in Map Properties. Do they match?