Dear all,

first of all thank all developers for their great work on COOT and others for their great support!

I am using the software now for years very successfully. However, today I noticed that I do one thing over and over again - and wondered if it can't be automated. The way I finally inspect and refine my (small) structures is by "spacing" through all residues and look for issues or adjustments I can do. During this process I continuously rotate the screen to get roughly the same orientation of the main chain trace and the side chain. Especially in helices, this tends to be a very repetitive mouse movement. It should be possible to implement a automatic rotation which should work most of the times? (Like orient the C-CA-N axis in relation to the screen as it was before next residue ...) Is there such a function available, which I am unaware of? Could this be implemented a Extension (like when you press ctrl+space) ? Am I the only one, who would be interested in such functionality? ( Probably I am "holding it wrong" ;-) )

Best,
Jan

--
Dr. Jan Gebauer