I have recently asked for suggestions on dealing
with handle_read_draw_molecule crash when included in ~/.coot.py.  An
obvious (I am certainly getting dumber with age) workaround is to put
~/.coot.py into a separate file and run it from Calculate menu once coot
fully loads.  There is certainly some part of the environment that should
be configured prior to sourcing of ~/.coot.py, but that's a topic for
another day.

A more general question is whether cootbb has gone the way of cns
yahoogroups list and is abandoned in favor of, I don't know, ccp4bb?  I was
a bit surprised by lack of response to my inquiry.  If this (sub)community
is down to just Paul who I presume is incredibly busy and occasional moron
such as myself, perhaps everyone should be advised to ask their questions
in ccp4bb?

Cheers, and as always and forever

--- Coot verendus est ---