On 30/09/2020 13:57, Christian Becke wrote:

the hit rate of my mouse clicks dropped significantly with the new stereo mode in coot 0.9. With the old stereo mode, I could aim with both eyes open - with the new stereo mode I now constantly miss my target, especially if it is more to the back. If I aim with the left eye only, I am back to pre-0.9 hit rates. It would be less straining if I wouldn't have to constantly squint my right eye for every atom pick - would it be possible to bring the mouse pointer in line with the image for the right eye? Btw, my right eye is my dominant eye, as for ~70% of the population, so I expect more coot users are suffering from this.

Because the stereo representation is different now, the picking is different also - and (IIRC) is now balanced. The picking is optimised for atoms on the same plane as the rotation centre. I haven't used it much, so I don't share your pain - what I think I ended up doing is rotating the view so that atoms at the back were off to the side and I could easier pick them there. But what I did notice was that go-to-blob was even more useful than in mono. I rarely pick atoms these days, G, L, P does the job.

I will take a look to see if I can make the hit box bigger in stereo mode - false positives are not as bad as false negatives I take it.