On 07/01/2021 17:26, Brian Cuttler wrote:
New install of coot on an Ubuntu 20.04 system.
 From the scripts I expected coot to set the load library path to find the coot
/lib directory, this does not seem to be occurring.
Unclear if I am misunderstanding, or need to set it from the command line
before running /usr/local/bin/coot.
*.so files are in /usr/local/coot/lib but are not being found.
Testing is from the BASH shell, and while a stupid novice question, I see to be
failing to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH correctly from the CLI.
Wrong shell-var?
I can provide additional detail but was attempting to keep this posting concise.

This has nothing to do with what you are doing and everything to do with me failing to write the coot script correctly. The fix has been pushed and needs CCP-EM and other binary builders to pick it up. (The fix is not in a release, just to be clear).