On 12/12/2022 15:09, Paul Kraft wrote:
Hello,
I am trying to mutate DNA, and can with Gd, Td, and Ad, but the Cd command is
inopporative.

Hello.

I'm not a mind-reader. You need to start off with which version of Coot you're using and on which system (that matters less usually).

You need to tell me what you pressed or clicked and what you expected to see and what actually happened.

  I searched the library list and found reference to Cd, but do not know why it
is not working.

Cd was using for DNA in Coot until about 2006 - so I am not sure what you're talking about.

  I did an end around by making a .cif from the smiles definition,

That doesn't sound like the best solution.

  but when I use my definition it doesn't snap into place and it is a huge pain
to move it into correct coordinates for it to bond correctly (especially since
I do not have 3D goggle capabilities on this laptop) and need to do it for many
cytidine mono phosphates.

indeed...