Hi Paul,
I have a dsDNA strand that the authors decided to give the chains A and B
pseudo names C and D. The problem is they wrote the D chain i5' to 3 prime and
I need it renumbered 3' to 5' so I can merge the pdb with another pdb that has
a protein bound that distorts the chain a bit. I would just add on bp's but the
psuedo numbering is mucking everything up,and adding bps does so in a perfect B
form, hence my issue. I have never seen anything like this numbering system in
this pdb and would like to get rid of it and then I might have an easier time
reversing the order and merging two pdbs. Perhaps you will instantaneously know
how to rid of this pseudo numbering?

I am running ubunto linux on Coot 0.9.8.6 EL
I looked in the manual and searched the coot emails for a way to reverse the
numbering, but only find ways to add or subtract numbers. Since the other pdb
has the sequence numbering like a normal dsDNA strand looks (one strand A1-28
5-3' and the other strand B1-28 3-5') it is a total mismatch when I want to
merge the files and have it all make sense to someone reading a file.

the pdb is 1d3u

any ideas would be worth their weight in gold :-)

Best Regards,
Paul Kraft