Dne 14.1.2016 v 23:32 Pavel Raiskup napsal(a):
> Is it expected Copr services could (backend/frontend, I am aware dist-git
> machine already does) be run on CentOS 7?  I was seriously thinking about
> it some time ago, I've done some downstream changes, but after some time
> those are not useful .. the code is not ready .. and it is getting worse
> (hard dependencies on dnf, etc.).
>
> The benefits would be that we wouldn't have to do the updates (and thus
> downtimes) so often due to fedora upgrades N -> N+1.  I would be ready to
> help, but there would have to be consensus that we are not against it.

In Fedora infra we do not do upgrade. We just change one variable, terminate
the server and rebuild it, because we have
the ansible playbooks describing the configuration. So we are doing upgrade
once per year.

IMO supporting the CentOS7 is not worth the work. We are trying to move Python3
- that would mean on Centos7 that we
will have to use SCL. And get there some dependencies.
So I rather recommend to spend time on writing Ansible playbook and do not fear
about upgrades.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA