On Tuesday, November 8, 2016 9:52:26 AM CET Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> Dne 7.11.2016 v 15:07 Pavel Raiskup napsal(a):
> > It would be nice to have that github repo synced automatically as an
> > mirror, for marketing purposes (for both Copr and Pagure).
>
> Why? I am really curious.

* For marketing purposes.  Nobody (except for Fedora contributors) uses
  Pagure (but it's a pitty).  People will search through github repos for
  copr and there will be nothing.  Having a carbon copy makes sense to
  advertise both projects.

* The pull request database won't disappear.  There are references to the
  database from git :(.  It is very, very ugly that we have several merge
  commits referencing pull request database in git, so there's potential data
  loss.  (I hate merge commits because those are there just to make git-log
  ugly, and moving from github just underlines it's worse than that).

* You can use github's features, e.g. Travis CI for free.

> IMHO it may just confuse developers where is the correct upstream.

There's lot of mirrors on github and nobody is confused, because that's
explicitly said in project's description.  Maybe we should clearly say
*why* we are working in Pagure, so others might move too.

Pavel