Dne 2.4.2017 v 16:42 M.Hanny Sabbagh napsal(a):
Hello.

I am the developer behind "Green Recorder", a software to record the Linux
desktop: https://github.com/green-project/green-recorder

The project (and the repository) was deleted completely from Copr with no
warning suddenly. Now away from the discussion about why it was deleted, the
real question is why I didn't receive any email notification about it? I just
saw it was deleted, with no notice or warning.

When resolving legal issues, I (personally) am sending emails to owner of those projects and I give them few days to delete it on their own or give them chance to explain why they think we are wrong (it happened few times already). However I am not only one admin. And some others delete those projects without warning. I disagree with this practice, but I cannot really do anything about it.

The second question is why it was deleted? Some friends on IRC channels
suggested because of ffmpeg patents. But the software itself (and the repo)
doesn't contain any copy of ffmpeg. It depends on the free repository of
rpmfusion to install it as a dependency. Isn't allowed to install / use ffmpeg
in Fedora? Even If the user was the one who chose to install the software?

Yes. Even runtime dependencies on rpmfusion are not permitted. :(

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA