I found this in Cockpit release notes. I did not knew about DM-VDO previously.
Might be useful for us for hosting all
those repositories.

Configure data deduplication with VDO devices

The "Virtual Data Optimizer" is a new feature to eliminate duplication and add
compression to block devices. This is mostly aimed at providing storage for
virtual machines or object storage systems like Ceph.

This is being developed upstream by the dm-vdo GitHub project
(https://github.com/dm-vdo). It is currently available in RHEL 7.5 alpha
(https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/storage_administration_guide/vdo)
and expected to land in other distributions eventually.

Cockpit's Storage page can now create and configure VDO devices.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iOYN4Y24aY

Miroslav