On 09. 07. 21 11:30, Pavel Raiskup wrote:
On Friday, July 9, 2021 10:19:57 AM CEST Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 09. 07. 21 9:46, Pavel Raiskup wrote:
This is pre-production experiment, right?  Couldn't you just specify
"Provides: python3dist(click) = 7.9"?

It is, but it would not help me. By manually providing this, I would:

   - confuse %pyproject_buildrequires generator -- Python would think 'click <
8' is not satisfied, by RPM/dnf would insist it is.
   - still not get a root.log resolution failure I want
   - still not "satisfy" packages that BR "python3click" instead of
"python3dist(click)"

I wonder if adding Obsoletes: python3-click < %{version} helps, but I don't
think so.

We have an RFEhttps://pagure.io/copr/copr/issue/1336  that could help you if you
could specify dnf.conf excludepkgs= option for the rawhide repo.  But this is
not an easy one.

Yes, this would work.

Another idea...
What if you had a syntetic package, say "click-blocker", with 'Conflicts:
python3-click < XYZ'?  That package could be added as always-installed package
into "Packages" field (chroot Edit form).

Or maybe it could simply require 'python3-click >= XYZ', too?

Is "Packages" always-installed or initially-installed? What prevents dnf to downgrade it?

I'll test this approach thou, seems reasonable.

--
Miro Hrončok